Want to give your child something to smile about? Choose a pediatric dentist when you are searching for your child’s dental home. It’s a completely different experience than going to a family dentist.
Reasons to Choose a Specialist
Family dentists practice general dentistry for people of all ages, but a pediatric dentist spends all day every day treating only kids. Here are a few reasons to take your child to a specialist:
- We’re kid experts! Pediatric dentists get an extra two to three years of special training to treat children of all shapes and sizes from itty bitty infants to growing teens. Read about the specialized training details from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Did you know our practices look more like playgrounds and amusement centers? Colorful murals decorate our walls. Toys and video games fill our play areas. It’s where all the cool kids hang out!
- Whether your child is super shy or super chatty, a specialist knows how handle every personality that walks through the doors.
- Worried about your tike’s pacifier use, thumb sucking or bottle feeding? They can show you how to tame your child’s bad habits.
- Baby teeth get cavities, too. A pediatric dentist is trained to work on tiny teeth.
- Pediatric dentists aren’t the only kid experts in our offices. Our hygienists are, too! They’re trained to use smaller tools that are just the right size for your child’s mouth and jaw.
- Our hygienists show your child each instrument they use and explain what it does. It’s our way of making dental visits entertaining and educational.
- Pediatric specialists are also trained to treat kids with special needs.
- We give away kid-friendly prizes at the end of each visit.
- Pediatric dentists know how to make your child’s visit fun. Most of our patients can’t wait to come back. Imagine — a child who wants to go to the dentist. Now that’s something to smile about!